We are pleased to announce that the design
rights, Intellectual property and most importantly the future
manufacture of R J Herbert Engineering Ltd equipment, have been taken
over by Herbert B.V. Mr. Mark Verschuren.
Stabilisation of the business and
preservation of this valued product range is therefore now guaranteed.
Machines will be constructed to the same high standard by one of our
partners in the Netherlands.
Shortly we will give you more details and
further information. In the meantime, if you should have any questions,
please contact Mark Verschuren at the address below, or send an email
Herbert Engineering B.V.
Attn. Mr. Mark Verschuren
5657 EA EINDHOVEN
Phone: +31(0)40 20 10 434
We are pleased to announce the we will continue your need for spares & parts. If we can be of any assistance, please contact us.
Established in 1972, and with forty years experience in the engineering manufacturing industry, R J Herbert Engineering Ltd is a privately owned business that employs 150 talented and dedicated employees. The business remains a family concern with Rod Herbert as Chairman. Rod originally manufactured machinery for farmers and the business continues to serve this sector today alongside the freshpack and process industries.
From the Past to the Present
- 1971 - Prototype potato grader built for own farm use
- 1972 - The Multi-Grader is born!.....R J Herbert Engineering is founded
- 1976 - 24 machines sold and 16 people employed
- 1982 - 10th Anniversary (Production is one grader a week during this year)
- 1985 - Install first major potato packhouse (£500,000)
- 1990 - Duke of Gloucester opens Herbert designed biggest packhouse in UK
- 1995 - Research & development starts on the first electronic grader
- 1997 - Celebrate 25th anniversary
- 1998 - Herberts install first electronic grader
- 1999 - Nick Herbert appointed Joint Managing Director
- 2000 - Start work in automation, robotics and fully integrated systems
- 2000 - Rod Herbert receives Potato Industry Award for Services to the Potato Industry
- 2001 - Largest UK Potato Packhouse opens fully equipped by Herbert Engineering
- 2003 - Build bespoke cabbage handling system to de-butt, de-leave and de-core
- 2004 - Develop unique modular conveyor for airline industry
- 2004 - Herbert Engineering BV office in Holland
- 2005 - Design, built and installed largest carrot & parsnip packhouse in the world
- 2007 - Recipient of Sir Roland Burke Machinery Award
- 2008 - Trade Minister presents Cambridgeshire Export Award
- 2009 - Rod Herbert gives speech at the World Potato Congress in New Zealand.
- 2012 - Herbert celebrate 40 years of engineering excellence with Olympic record product launches